Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hotkey for skip EFB access from CPU?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

myusername

Is it possible to add a hotkey to toggle Skip EFB access from CPU?

This option has HUGE impact on performance but turning it off renders certain elements of some games unplayable.

Mario galaxy for example has around 30-40fps with option off with drops down to 10fps when you see the sun, even on low graphics settings (in other words: unplayable). Turn the option on tough and woilla! flawless 60fps with twice the resolution and 4x MSAA. In mario galaxy you need this option to jump between galaxies though, something you only have to do once every 5-15 minutes so i don't mind having the option off while playing and on while choosing galaxy.

It would be great if there was a hotkey for this option as entering the menus every 10 min is a bit annoying Angel
Lets try and fix the underlying issues here first. Can you post pictures of what your Graphics config currently is?
And also, please fix your profile, as the i5-6100 is not a real CPU, which means your GPU could be one of a few things if it really is just the Intel iGPU

myusername

Fixing the underlying issue would be even better than a hotkey Smile

CPU is i5-6200, typo there, and yes, i'm using the integrated intel graphics.
Settings below:
[attachment=15651]
Turn off vsync, turn off MSAA.
I think Opengl is still much faster than directx for cpu efb access. So maybe try that, even if directx might be faster for anything you tested before.

myusername

Thanks for your suggestions but they don't help enough.
Turning off vsync only gives marginal improvements, turning off MSAA gives a few extra fps but you still get 20-30fps in certain scenes, the worst is when you see the star with the lens flare, that is 100% guaranteed to give me 20fps. I also don't think these are the major issues as i can run with both vsync and msaa in 100% 60fps without any drops anywhere if i disable EFB access.
Opengl doesn't show any major difference from direct3d.
Sad
Try turning off dual core mode. Sometimes it's actually slower for users

Config > Dual core > uncheck it