Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FIFO is overflowed by Gatherpipe!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone,

So, I've been wanting to play some Starfox adventures, but Dolphin seems to have a real beef with it. By just starting the game and not even doing anything, it will soon give the following message: https://gyazo.com/249893f7efb77958357b3d6cdfbdea9e

Hitting "Ja" which is "Yes" gives me this message: https://gyazo.com/ac854183aeced6a6f1cabba008503f8d

Allow me to translate;

Unknown OP-code.

This means one of the following:
* The emulated GPU was desyncronized, deactivating doublecore might help.
* Kommandostream was corrupted by an unknown memory-error.
* It's really an unknown op-code(very unlikely)
* A different type of error

Further errors will be sent to video-backup-log and Dolphin will now most likely crash or freeze. Enjoy.

I also got this message afterwards: https://gyazo.com/1e47135278e7bd385cbd16c876621ac8

So, I've tried to disable my cores so the program is only running on one core, and that actually works. However, just one core isn't strong enough to play the game. As soon as there's larger area of the game to be emulated, the gameplay gets laggy, music struggling etc.

So... anyone able to help? I am running the 5.0 version.
Does the same issue happen in the latest dev builds with the default settings?
You could try to enable SyncGPU instead of single core. This should be a bit faster, with a similiar compatibility.
Yeah, the overflow happened faster with the new dev build. (with default settings)

How do I enable the SyncGPU?
In dolphin right click the game, properties, check dual core and syncGPU
Alright, checked the properties out and seems like both dual core and syncgpu was enabled. Tried to play with both disabled, then only one of them enabled - but still no success.
Are you running Dolphin in single core? Options/Configure - Single Core. If you're setting Dolphin to use one core in task manager, that won't help.
Are you running a gpu overclock? if so try turning it off (MSI Afterburner etc.).
(02-01-2017, 02:21 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you running Dolphin in single core?  Options/Configure - Single Core.  If you're setting Dolphin to use one core in task manager, that won't help.

Yes and no. Tried to do it through task manager, but doing so in dolfin(just recently tried it) it more or less got difficulties all the time now. it works - but stutters like once every other second for 0.2 ms. Not really -that- noticeable, but really annoying in the long run.

I did overclock my pc through the Bios as it had that as an option. Going to restart my PC (to set it to default) and try again.
Okay, seems like removing the overclocking fixed it. I'll test it some more and come back if it actually overflows again. Cheers for help and suggestions! =) (Though, I would love if this got some sort of fix one way or another... I need to overclock my pc to do other games)
Pages: 1 2