Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin crashes after some minutes for no reason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ThePferd

I recently downloaded Dolphin 5.0, but every time I opened it I had the same problem: after a few minutes, no matter what I actually did with the program, I got a "Dolphin.exe has stopped working" message and Dolphin crashed. Even if I didn't start a game and just left the program open for some minutes without doing anything at all, it crashed. For those few minutes before the crashes, everything seemed to be working fine though: I could run Wii and Gamecube games on a stable FPS rate - for three minutes anyway. I then uninstalled Dolphin 5.0 and tried downloading 4.0.2. At first, everything seemed to be working fine. I played the opening segment of Metroid Prime and Xenoblade Chronicles without a problem. The next time I opened Dolphin, however, the crashes came back. I tried different versions since then, always with the same result - they crash after two or three minutes, without me even loading a game.

I'm running the program on a laptop (maybe that's the problem?)
Here are my specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 -6500U 2.5GHz (It's a dual core)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 940M (2GB vram)
RAM:4 GB DDR3

Does anyone know a fix for this or at least what the issue is?

(btw I'm new to this forum so if I made any formal mistakes please tell me!)
So are you using 4.0 or 5.0?
Use 5.0 but delete the cache and config folder in documents, dolphin emulator

ThePferd

To ExtremeDude - as I said, I've tried both, both had the same issue. Right now I have 5.0 downloaded, but I can always change that.

To Craftyawesome - thanks, I'm gonna try that.

ThePferd

Alright, I've tried it. Curiously, it seemed to work at first, but the next time I opened the program, the issue came back and Dolphin crashed. I tried deleting those folders over and over again, even while running the program, but it doesn't seem to help...