Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth Pass Through
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello folks,

I've emulated mostly Gamecube games in the past, and I figured I would try out Skyward Sword. I've purchased a Wii Remote Plus, and had trouble connecting it normally as it seems to be the TR variant.

I decided to give Bluetooth pass through a try. I have a Bluetooth module inside my computer, simply listed on zadig as "Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®".
[attachment=15647]

After installing the WinUSB driver onto it, I restarted my computer and attempted to configure passthrough in Dolphin.
[attachment=15645]

Passthrough does not seem to be a menu option, and after I have deleted and reinstall dolphin on its newest full release, I cannot seem to figure out why. After going into my dolphin.ini file, I saw that there was no [Bluetooth Passthrough] or any variants in the file. I found a forum poster who posted their config file that had it and added it to mine, which did not help at all. They also said if dolphin did not recognize my adapter, that I should put in it's respective USB IDs into the config file. Still no help.
[attachment=15646]

I hope that this is something silly I've overlooked, and it is a simple fix.  I've gone ahead and ordered a Bluetooth adapter in hopes that it is that, but truth be told I have no idea.
Thanks for your attention up to this point.
(01-30-2017, 07:40 AM)Lyndomen Wrote: [ -> ]Passthrough does not seem to be a menu option, and after I have deleted and reinstall dolphin on its newest full release, I cannot seem to figure out why.

You need to use a development version. 5.0 is too old to have Bluetooth passthrough.
You hit the nail on the head JosJuice, thank you very much.

Regretabbly, now I am running into the LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED error. I have tried installing WinUSB, libusb, libusbk and WinUSB (Microsoft) with a reboot in between each, but to no avail. Do you have any suggestions?
Shot in the dark since you're on Win10.

Try running Dolphin as Administrator.
Sadly, that did not do the trick. I'm currently trying to give it a whirl on another computer.
Thank you for the suggestion though.
I am unsuccessful with the new computer as well, leading me to believe it is user error. I am getting LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED once again.

Interestingly enough, this computer has a Bluetooth chip that should work per your wiki, the BCM20702A0.

[attachment=15648]
Make sure you are installing the libusb driver (WinUSB) for the whole USB device. Not just one interface.
I'm afraid I don't understand, the instructions on the wiki only state to install the driver on the Bluetooth adapter. On both of my computers it is an integrated chip.

[attachment=15650]

Is there another device I should be installing the driver on?
No, only your Bluetooth adapter. When I said "interface", I was referring to the fact that USB devices sometimes have more than one USB interface, and Zadig likes to show them separately or even hide them if you don't ask it to show all devices explicitly.