Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games in 3d
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to play some games in 3d, but I don't know which type of glasses should I take. I want to play with glasses so I have to choose the anaglyph option. When I point my mouse on the stereoscopic option it says that I need the red and blue glasses, but I'm not sure about that. Is it red and blue or red and cyan? And can someone explain me the differefence between these two? Thank you very much
True colors are red and cyan. People say red and blue because it's easier. But they refer to the same type of glasses I guess.
If you have a 3D Vision monitor, use 3D Vision glasses (and the emitter, unless your monitor is one of those that have one integrated).
If you have a 3D TV that does "side by side" or "top and bottom" 3D modes, use those with your TV glasses.
If you have just a normal monitor/TV, use anaglyph.

From those three methods, I have used 3D Vision and anaglyph. Anaglyph is the worst method because you lose color information (red colors for your left eye, blue and green for your right eye) and a lot of brightness. But it will give you a general idea of how 3D is like, if you are considering upgrading to a better 3D method.

You can set a good global separation, but you will need a different convergence value for each game.