Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin exits/crashes on startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello all first post. thanks for any help with this in advance

not new to emulators however have not spent alot of time with dolphin until the last couple weeks. so initially it seemed like all was well. have a lib of GC games the load and has worked quite well.

then all of a sudden over the past couple days i have been trying to work on rlauncher to launch my dolphin emu with gc images and noticed it stopped getting errors from rl but the dolphin window was opening for a few seconds then closing without any prompt or error message.

so i decided to try a reset. went into my doc folder and backed up and cleared the dolphin folder in there. ok now it decided to launch and give permission for share statistics ok figured it was fixed closed the window as i thought i might just see what rl did, but then thought i would go back to the emu and set the folders. and guess what it was doing the same thing agian open for a few seconds and closed. so i tried del the settings folder again. this time it didint help this is more or less how i have been stuck now.

for fun i uninstalled dophins stable version and again deleted the settings folder then grabbed the most recent nightly dev version and see what it did. no change to the behavior at all. im kinda stumped her not sure what is persisting through the resets and builds unless its something in the registry but figured the standalone version was not really interacting the the reg.

thanks again for the help
Does it happen when you don't use rlauncher or whatever it was you were using
yea, it does occurs when not using rlauncher. i stopped messing the RL until i have dolphin stable again
as i posted that it started working again for 1 loadup so i yes'd the anon stats message and then config'd it to the gc folder. closed the window tried to start it again and nope not staying running. i see the gui for like 5 seconds then it closes.

is there any logging for the gui launching?
anyhow anyone have any ideas on anything else i can try to get this up and working?

thanks
seems the qt2 gui does launch consistantly. too bad it does not run any games for me so far lol.

still no clue on whats broken here.