Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 5.0 Crash On Windows 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Occasionally I open the emulator and it will work for 5 minutes, on other occasions it crashes immediately. It doesn't matter what game I play and is only recently an issue. I also have the latest drivers for all software, any help?
Did you try clearing clearing Dolphin's cache, and getting the latest dev build of Dolphin?
How do i clear the cache, but i do have the latest build
Go to Documents > Dolphin Emulator, and delete the Cache folder
Update - the emulator works perfectly when the laptop is charging but not when off charge
Probably some sort of power saving. Do this https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...ance-guide

Aegisrecords

I have successfully run Dolphin 5.0 on a windows 10 home laptop with hd500 graphics at 30fps for an hour without interruption. To solve the crash, right click on dolphin and go to properties. Under the compatibility tab check "run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select windows 7. Under settings check "run this program as an administrator" and click ok. Voila, your dolphin emulator should now work without fail...or crash. 
(06-23-2017, 11:01 PM)Aegisrecords Wrote: [ -> ]I have successfully run Dolphin 5.0 on a windows 10 home laptop with hd500 graphics at 30fps for an hour without interruption. To solve the crash, right click on dolphin and go to properties. Under the compatibility tab check "run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select windows 7. Under settings check "run this program as an administrator" and click ok. Voila, your dolphin emulator should now work without fail...or crash. 

If people find issues which are fixed by doing things like this, please report bugs to dolphin and try to work with dolphin team to fix the issue.
In these cases, it's most likely that some third party DLL is loading into dolphin and causing it to crash.

codyperez

(06-23-2017, 11:01 PM)Aegisrecords Wrote: [ -> ]I have successfully run Dolphin 5.0 on a windows 10 home laptop with hd500 graphics at 30fps for an hour without interruption. To solve the crash, right click on dolphin and go to properties. Under the compatibility tab check "run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select windows 7. Under settings check "run this program as an administrator" and click ok. Voila, your dolphin emulator should now work without fail...or crash. 

THIS HAS FIXED THE PROBLEM!! THANK YOU!
While we appreciate your enthusiasm for the solution, please be aware of our rules about necroposting in the future:

Quote:Necroposting: In the "Dolphin Emulator Discussion and Support" and "Dolphin Site" subforums, do not revive a discussion older than 6 months unless your post adds something meaningful or otherwise contributes to the thread. Please create a new thread about your subject instead. Stickied threads and all other subforums are exempt, however, and users can freely post there regardless of how old the topics are.