Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Possible to set it up so that you can use a real wiimote and a controller?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to set up Dolphin so that I can easily use either a real wiimote or a controller for any particular player. Right now it works if I use one or the other, but not both. I've got the bindings set up properly for "Emulated Wiimote", and I can successfully connect and use a real wiimote if I set a player to "Real Wiimote".

However if I set a player to "Hybrid Wiimote" nothing seems to work -- no input from either the wiimote or a controller registers in Dolphin. Is there something else I'm supposed to do to get "Hybrid Wiimote" to work?

What I'm going for is a setup where, if I connect a real wiimote, Dolphin will use that, and if I connect a controller, it'll use that. My emulator setup is part of an HTPC, and it's very important to me that using it not require a keyboard and mouse, and not require tinkering with any settings. This is so that my less tech-savvy housemates and friends can use it on their own . Basically, I want to be able to launch Dolphin and automatically load a game full screen, and have it use either a real wiimote or an emulated one depending on what kind of device is connected, without having to go into Dolphin's settings. Is that possible?
I can tell you this much, hybrid wiimote sucks.
I guess that's to say that the "hybrid wiimote" feature is broken?
It's hit or miss.
Okay, so ignoring "Hybrid Wiimote" for the time being, is there any other possible method for setting up what I want?
You can configure different profiles for different controllers, this would still require you to switch between them, but maybe you could script it or use a command line argument?
Which game do you want to play that needs a hybrid wiimote? IIRC, the Mayflash Dolphin Bar has a function like this. Maybe
you should try that.
(01-27-2017, 03:31 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]You can configure different profiles for different controllers, this would still require you to switch between them, but maybe you could script it or use a command line argument?
I've been considering doing this, actually. Not sure what methods exist for this, though. I could probably switch around config files before launching Dolphin. Even better is if there's some way to get Dolphin to switch profiles while a game is running without invoking the GUI. (I doubt there's a way to do that, though.)

(01-27-2017, 07:43 AM)Korados Wrote: [ -> ]Which game do you want to play that needs a hybrid wiimote? IIRC, the Mayflash Dolphin Bar has a function like this. Maybe
you should try that.
I am getting a Dolphin Bar -- will see what possibilities that opens up. Also, none of the games I'm playing need a hybrid wiimote. Rather I just want to be able to decide which to use on a session by session basis without having to use a keyboard or mouse to change any Dolphin settings (as I'm trying to set up a user friendly HTPC for myself and others, as stated earlier)
So I got and set up my DolphinBar. It's a pretty solid device, and has definitely made it so much better to use real wiimotes. In terms of trying to do what I posted this thread about, the one thing that I'm a little disappointed in is that, when in mode 3 (controller mode), it doesn't reveal any of the data from the wiimote's accelerometers. If it did, then I could set up Dolphin to use an emulated wiimote, and set each button and axis to be a combination of my regular controller and the wiimote controller as presented by the DolphinBar (since Dolphin allows using complex boolean expression for button assignments, one of its truly awesome power user features). But because the DolphinBar only reveals axes for the nunchuck's joystick and the wiimote's cursor but *not* the accelerometer, I can't get shaking to work in this manner.

Anyway, I'll probably just use a method of switching out Dolphin's config files for games where I want to use a controller. It's too bad that the hybrid wiimote feature doesn't work any better.