Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Has anyone played AND finished the following RPGs on Dollphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- Skies of Arcadia Legends
- XenoBlade Chronicles
- Baten Kaitos
- Last Story

After what happened to me in with Crystal Chronicles GC(posted in the support forum) I'm rather reluctant to playing any more RPGs in case I end up losing my data mid-game or late-game.

You see guys, I don't have the proper capture cards and such to be able to record GameCube games from actual hardware but I do have a nice library of games I'd like to play and record gameplay of for future reviews on my youtube channel, when not busy with work or grad school I make video reviews and such from time to time.
So that's why I use dolphin, so I can record footage.

I really felt like playing Baten Kaitos or Skies of Arcadia Legends as of late, but I don't want to risk losing my data since I have very limited free time and can't afford to replay these big games if something like that were to happen.
I think I remember your posts about it. Can you try enabling MMU in the game properties page (right click the ISO, make enable MMU a checkmark) to see if it still crashes? Thanks.

As for your list. I've about? finished Skies of Arcadia legends in Dolphin. I'm in the final stretch but the game really drags and I lost interest. I'd recommend using SyncGPU or Single Core to prevent the possibility of any crashes. I haven't played the others.
Quote:I don't have the proper capture cards and such to be able to record GameCube games
You don't need any capture card to record games . Just enable Nvidia Share a.k.a Nvidia ShadowPlay via Nvidia Experience and it will do the job for you
Quote: I really felt like playing Baten Kaitos or Skies of Arcadia Legends as of late, but I don't want to risk losing my data
Xenoblade Wii and The Last Story then . Wii save file has nothing to do with GC save file , even if your GC save data is corrupted
I finished these games so many times that I lost count , no issue at all
I meant I don't have the right capture cards and such to record from actual hardware hence why I resort to using Dolphin. I cleared it up in the OP now.

and my FFCC doesn't crash, it just refuses to save after a specific point, the topic is active in the support forum

Glad to hear Last Story and XenoBlade can be fully played

now to ensure Skies of Arcadia can be played too from someone who finished it on Dolphin Smile
I played SoA back during 3.5 and 4.0, from start to finish. It was fully playable even back then. Instead of crashing due to Dual-Core mode, battles would do this weird thing where it would "freeze", e.g. the animations and sound would run, but you couldn't attack (attack menus wouldn't show up). The problem was pretty rare though, so I'm guessing any other existing issues in 5.0 with Dual-Core mode are also rare. It's perfectly playable/beatable though, no game-breaking glitches that I encountered.

Anyway, save states are super stable in Dolphin, so if you do regular saving (via the emulated Memory Card) and save states, there's no way you can easily lose your data.
Thanks for the info man
I wouldn't say save states are stable based on my FF Crystal Crhonicles GameCube experience.

Here's all the info on my FF CC problem:
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-my...g-i-can-do

If you read all my posts, i know it's a ton of text you'll see how messed up the situation is lol
hope the same doesn't happen to me with SoA
(01-21-2017, 02:40 AM)ShinigamiKiba Wrote: [ -> ]hope the same doesn't happen to me with SoA

I've heard people report that problem in FF:CC a few times, but I don't think I ever have heard of that exact problem happening in another game.
^ oh wow, so others have had issues with FF CC where their saves mess up too? I had it happen to me years ago on my Wii or was it my GameCube, can't remember, but I know it corrupted the memory card so bad it took my Baten Kaitos saves with it down as well lol

Sorry guys, one more question
Can Fire Emblem Path of Radiance be played to completion as well?
Yes. That one I did.
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the info.
Hopefully my FF CC issue is also resolved at some point.