Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can a GTX 770 run Xenoblade Chronicles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running Dolphin off a flash drive on a school computer and want to know if the card can run Xenoblade Chronicles. It ran Luigi's Mansion at 30FPS consistently. I know that's not a good comparison considering the graphical differences between the two but I thought it would be good to throw in that info anyways.
What is the CPU?
(01-18-2017, 10:58 AM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]What is the CPU?

Not exactly sure, but these PC's are in an A/V Production class. They're basically video editing rigs for Premiere Pro and the like.
It's hard to say what kind of performance they have without the specific CPU model. Even if they are used for video editing, that doesn't tell us much. Editing video is one of those tasks that can be done quite well on multi-core CPUs, even if those individual cores aren't especially fast. So, whereas video editing takes advantage of multi-threading performance, Dolphin requires CPUs with good single-threaded performance.

Basically, video editing is a different workload than emulation, so even if your school's computers are good at processing video, that tells us nothing about how it would run Dolphin. Not trying to chew you out, just explaining how these things work.
(01-18-2017, 12:41 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]It's hard to say what kind of performance they have without the specific CPU model. Even if they are used for video editing, that doesn't tell us much. Editing video is one of those tasks that can be done quite well on multi-core CPUs, even if those individual cores aren't especially fast. So, whereas video editing takes advantage of multi-threading performance, Dolphin requires CPUs with good single-threaded performance.

Basically, video editing is a different workload than emulation, so even if your school's computers are good at processing video, that tells us nothing about how it would run Dolphin. Not trying to chew you out, just explaining how these things work.

Sorry about that. I currently have no access to the CPU info at home so I'm kind of in the dark. I'll have to check tomorrow.