Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Issue with DirectX 12 backend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Roddy

Hello! I'm having an issue while trying to emulate games.
My machine have DirectX 12 installed and the emulator is set to render in DirectX 12 as well.
Proof that DirectX 12 is installed in my machine:

[Image: xTzuhD5l.png]

But when I try to open any game, it returns me this error:

[Image: CTvKLdtl.png]

The only way to play games is to set the renderer to DirectX 11, which is slower than the 12 one.
What should I do?
Just because you have it installed doesn't mean you fully support it.
What ExtremeDude said.
We'd need to know what kind of graphics card you have to tell if it actually supports directx 12.

Roddy

(01-18-2017, 07:45 AM)Ivybridge11 Wrote: [ -> ]What ExtremeDude said.
We'd need to know what kind of graphics card you have to tell if it actually supports directx 12.

I have an Intel HD Graphics. It's an old graphic card and I think that's why it doesn't support it.
Well, I need to save money and buy a new computer since this is an on-board card :/
But thanks for the help guys.
(01-18-2017, 10:23 AM)Roddy Wrote: [ -> ]I have an Intel HD Graphics. It's an old graphic card and I think that's why it doesn't support it.
Well, I need to save money and buy a new computer since this is an on-board card :/
But thanks for the help guys.

Woah, woah, hold your horses there buddy. Just because your current one is integrated doesn't stop you putting a dedicated one in - almost all modern computers will have at least one PCIe slot for a graphics card, though you should still check first.
However, your CPU is kinda old too, so if you do have the money, a new computer would probably result in a better overall experience. If you don't though, NVIDIA GTX 1050's are going for a bit over a hundred dollars on amazon at the moment, and would probably result in some improvement. (And could then be transferred to a new computer later down the line).
But don't expect to get any game at full speed on this celeron either.
Windows 10 supports DX12 , that's why it shows up there , not because your hardware can support it
I have exactly same processor on my tablet and no , it won't work with DX12
Your Intel HD is 3rd gen Ivy Bridge , only 5th gen Broadwell or newer Intel HD can work with DX12
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/s...05524.html
There is one exception : 4th gen Intel HD 4600 Haswell can run DX12 backend but you will not be able to use DX12 feature , as a result you will see no improvement over other backends

I also submited my result to Dolphin Benchmark List which you can see here :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...=485052351
N2807 is at the bottom of that list ... No game can run on it

Roddy

(01-18-2017, 10:37 AM)Ivybridge11 Wrote: [ -> ]Woah, woah, hold your horses there buddy. Just because your current one is integrated doesn't stop you putting a dedicated one in - almost all modern computers will have at least one PCIe slot for a graphics card, though you should still check first.

That's the problem. I'm using a laptop so I doubt I can install any graphics card on it.

Roddy

(01-18-2017, 10:00 PM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]But don't expect to get any game at full speed on this celeron either.

Yeah, I'm just looking for playable speeds.
My Celeron runs RE4 at 10-13 FPS on chapter 1-1 to 1-3 and I got a huge slowdown to 3-5 FPS on 1-4 because it's raining on that chapter.