Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sound and graphics stutter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear all,

I recently downloaded Dolphin 5.0 and wanted to play the Zelda - Twilight Princess Game. But when I try to go on an adventure with Link the framerate is altering all the time and makes it impossible to play the game. If I do nothing or run around in a "peaceful" area of the game it sometimes stabilizes around 30 FPS and the game runs well, but as soon as some enemies occur or I try to go into a dungeon the game slows down rapidly. Same with the sound. Sometimes it runs well, but in a fight or a dungeon it slows down and begins to stutter.

My Macbook is just one year old and I think it meets all the criteria for running games with Dolphin in a decent manner.

This is the Macbook I'm using:

MacBook Pro (Retina) - early 2015
2,7 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

So, can you help me with this? Is there any solution, maybe in changing some graphic or audio settings? Another game (Zelda - Wind Waker) runs quite well.

I attached you two screenshots of the game as well as screenshots of all my graphics and audio settings. Sorry, they're all in German, but I hope you can easily figure out what is meant. Otherwise just ask me and I'll try to translate. Smile

Thanks a lot!

Jakob.
You can try enabling the Hyrule Field Speed Hack. Right-click on the game in Dolphin's game list, pick Properties, and then it's on one of the tabs in the middle (the Gecko tab, I think?)

I'm not sure how much that will improve your performance in this part of the game, but it has a big effect later in the game when you're in Hyrule Field. So even if it doesn't help much, you should keep it on.
Thank you, this helped a lot! My first impression: Game and sound are stable, enemies around or not! Smile
Do you reccomend some further changes in the properties of the game? Sometimes the game has smaller glitches now (same as in Wind Waker, looks like a cut through the screen sometimes), no really big deal, but maybe you know a way to improve my gaming experience even more. Smile I attached you the game properties of the game as well!

Thanks again for your quick help!
Okay, the problem with the cuts/bricks in graphics turned out a little bigger than I thought in the first place. Are there any further adjustments I can make in the settings to maybe fix this?
IIRC it is a Mac driver glitch.
Oh, so there is nothing I can do about it?
Bootcamp into windows and use the Windows port with better drivers?