Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Screenshot Location
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I'm new to the whole Dolphin thing, and I can't find my screenshots, could someone point me in the right direction? I have a Mac, and it tells me this whenever I take a screenshot, but I can't find the location. Thanks!
IDK where it is on MAC but you could probably right click a Wii game, open Wii save location, and go up a few folders.
The screenshots are in the Dolphin folder. You can find screenshots in [username]/Library/Application Support/Dolphin/ScreenShots on macOS!
(01-17-2017, 01:04 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]The screenshots are in the Dolphin folder. You can find screenshots in [username]/Library/Application Support/Dolphin/ScreenShots on macOS!

I tried that, but all I could find was this...
That's the wrong location! Make sure you start with your user folder, then follow the path I laid out.
(01-17-2017, 02:39 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]That's the wrong location! Make sure you start with your user folder, then follow the path I laid out.

I did; that picture is from the library folder in my user folder. I even looked up the names of the other folders, but to no avail.
There are many Library folders in macOS, and the one in your user directory will be loaded with things, even if you haven't installed anything! Hmm... On the menu bar while using finding, enable View > Show Path Bar. Then go to [username]/Library/Application Support/Dolphin, and screenshot the finder window and post it here. That should help clear this up!
(01-18-2017, 08:18 AM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]There are many Library folders in macOS, and the one in your user directory will be loaded with things, even if you haven't installed anything! Hmm... On the menu bar while using finding, enable View > Show Path Bar. Then go to [username]/Library/Application Support/Dolphin, and screenshot the finder window and post it here. That should help clear this up!

There wasn't any "Library" folder in my username area (picture 1), but I did find a Library folder outside of it containing Application Support (picture 2), but I couldn't find any Dolphin folder inside of that (picture 3).

Also, side note: how do I get rid of a Wii NAND root? I accidentally put one in when asking another friend for help.
That's bizzare. Your home folder doesn't have Desktop, Documents, Library, or Sites! Those are folders that are not hidden, so they should be there. Weird... Ok, let's try a work around!

While in finder, go to the menu bar > Go > Go To Folder > and enter "~/Library/Application Support" (minus quotes of course!). That should take you there no matter what! Then just open the Dolphin folder and go to Screenshots.
(01-18-2017, 08:48 AM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]That's bizzare. Your home folder doesn't have Desktop, Documents, Library, or Sites! Those are folders that are not hidden, so they should be there. Weird... Ok, let's try a work around!

While in finder, go to the menu bar > Go > Go To Folder > and enter "~/Library/Application Support" (minus quotes of course!). That should take you there no matter what! Then just open the Dolphin folder and go to Screenshots.

I should mention that I only got this computer last month (it was a Christmas present).

Also, would you believe me if I said it's giving me an error message? I even tried putting my username in front of it, but that didn't work either.
Pages: 1 2