Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: FPS Stays at 60, but game stutters every so often
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think it happens in Guitar Hero 5, but not Guitar Hero: World Tour (or any other games that run on the World Tour engine) or Guitar Hero 3/Aerosmith. I haven't checked it myself, though.
(01-17-2017, 08:14 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I think it happens in Guitar Hero 5, but not Guitar Hero: World Tour (or any other games that run on the World Tour engine) or Guitar Hero 3/Aerosmith. I haven't checked it myself, though.

The main connection appears to be the Nintendo WFC Pay and Play which is prevalent on the latter games, however that was also on World Tour so if it doesn't happen for world tour I guess that ends that theory.
(01-17-2017, 08:14 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]I think it happens in Guitar Hero 5, but not Guitar Hero: World Tour (or any other games that run on the World Tour engine) or Guitar Hero 3/Aerosmith. I haven't checked it myself, though.

Can confirm this same solution fixes the same stuttering in GH5. Internet connectivity seems to be the culprit.
(01-17-2017, 09:26 AM)Kritya Wrote: [ -> ]Can confirm this same solution fixes the same stuttering in GH5. Internet connectivity seems to be the culprit.

I can also chime in, it is the internet connectivity that buggers up the play, I saw it in the logs of GH4 and up (so that's World tour, Band Hero, GH5, Warriors of rock, Smash hits, Metallica and Van Halen) but never bothered to make a notice out of it since it already was in the bugreport list.

GH3 Legends of Rock and Aerosmith work without issues, also Rockband 3, Rockband Beatles and Rockband Greenday work without any issues, except for being slow in menus due to XFB for the characters to be visible.

Would be awesome if we could have a tick/ini-file line to disable Nintendo Connect or whatever it was called.
Pages: 1 2