Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: gamepad failure >.<
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been reading on the site for weeks now and I can't find a solution to my ps3 controller problem. Gamepad config works great when I click the option and then input what button I want in the selected spots, but for some reason my button settings don't work in game play. Sad

No buttons work when I run any games in the dolphin. It's weird because it recognizes my ps3 controller and I can input my buttons on the gamepad configuration menu.... But none of my buttons register in game? I'm using njoy 0.3, i've tried switchin form opengl to direct3d9... My buttons don't register during gameplay.... Sad

The only thing i've been able to accomplish with the dolphin is speed up the intro scenes since i'm on vista..... Sad

dscape750

I got the same problem.
The njoy plugin needs an update I think. My up goes right and left goes down, up and down do not work at all and when I set it up to pick the direction manually, it doesn't know that I am pressing the buttons, so I have to use the one where you press any button.

This system is really not all that keyboard friendly. I would very much prefer to play on my gamepad so I wait until a working plugin is found or updated.Undecided

Though honestly the keyboard doesn't work for me either. Only certain things work.
(10-26-2009, 08:44 PM)dscape750 Wrote: [ -> ]I got the same problem.
The njoy plugin needs an update I think. My up goes right and left goes down, up and down do not work at all and when I set it up to pick the direction manually, it doesn't know that I am pressing the buttons, so I have to use the one where you press any button.

This system is really not all that keyboard friendly. I would very much prefer to play on my gamepad so I wait until a working plugin is found or updated.Undecided

Though honestly the keyboard doesn't work for me either. Only certain things work.

I just searched pages back and saw the same problem being posted over and over again with no reply to each and every one. I'm going to safely assume that this won't be solved anytime soon and will uninstall this emulator until such a time when it and the plugins become even remotely stable.
(10-26-2009, 09:18 AM)gamegate2008 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been reading on the site for weeks now and I can't find a solution to my ps3 controller problem. Gamepad config works great when I click the option and then input what button I want in the selected spots, but for some reason my button settings don't work in game play. Sad

No buttons work when I run any games in the dolphin. It's weird because it recognizes my ps3 controller and I can input my buttons on the gamepad configuration menu.... But none of my buttons register in game? I'm using njoy 0.3, i've tried switchin form opengl to direct3d9... My buttons don't register during gameplay.... Sad

The only thing i've been able to accomplish with the dolphin is speed up the intro scenes since i'm on vista..... Sad

If you're trying to play Wii game that uses Wiimote as controller, you're screwed. If you're playing Gamecube game, go to Settings -> Gamecube and check if Port 1 is set as Standard Controller
What? I didn't know that a lot of people were having the exact same config problem... And no one helped them... Well if I can figure out something i'll share what I find out.

Yep gamecube controller is set to standard. I'm trying to play Zelda: Twilight princess and Dead Rising with my ps3 controller (usb connected). I don't believe those games use a wiimote?...