Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Vulkan Surface
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some reason, dolphin says that it failed to recreate vulkan surface and then it crashes? What gives?
This happens to me as well, usually when I quit a game while running the Vulkan backend and then try to run a game immediately afterwards. If I wait for about 20-30 seconds and then start it doesn't happen.
Make sure you are both using the latest drivers for your respective GPUs. Note that Vulkan is still experimental and some GPUs (like mine) are still not fully supported.

EDIT: Oh, and also post the games you were trying to run.
(01-18-2017, 05:26 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you are both using the latest drivers for your respective GPUs. Note that Vulkan is still experimental and some GPUs (like mine) are still not fully supported.

EDIT: Oh, and also post the games you were trying to run.

I'm always fully up to date with my drivers, and it happens with any game started after the initial oneĀ (I have over 100), next to that I'm also always fully up to date with the dev. versions of the master branch.