Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Speed up Vitsa
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the members who are stuck with Vista and your dolphin runs games a little slow, I discovered a small boost. It sped my dolphin up just a little. ^_^!

1. Open start menu and at the bottom type in the search box; Power.
2. An option should appear called "Power Options," on your start menu.
3. Click it.
4. Power Options will open in a separate box. You will see three options: Balanced = Below Computer's performance, Power Saver = 50% of the Computer's performance, and High Performance = Max (100%) Computer performance.
5. If balanced is selected, dis-select it and either select Power Saver or High Performance. (which suits you ^_^!)

To view your changed settings click "change plan settings" underneath Power saver or High performance. Then click "change advanced power settings." After that scroll down and click "Processor power management" to view your minimum and maximum computer settings.

Hope this helps out.
I already knew this but the same thing applies for Xp. (Idk about 7)
(10-26-2009, 09:10 AM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]I already knew this but the same thing applies for Xp. (Idk about 7)

Is XP better than Vista because XP use to give a lot of freezes? So I now have Vista on my new comp, but it moves slow and it doesn't run a lot of programs that well.... But i'm not sure if I should switch to XP or Win7 or stay with Vista?
Go to Windows 7. Xp was better than vista.
Hmmm i have windows vista ultimate 64 bit and works fine for me.
I'm not at home and can't test this right now, how do i do this on windows xp btw?
Would be cool to test it ^^.

Thx Wink

EDIT: I;m home and it rly works Big Grin
Thx for sharing this Smile