Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My PC GOOD Enough To Run Dolphin 5.0 at 60fps for MKW?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SPECS:
Processor: AMD A10-7860K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G

Video Card: AMD Radeon™ R7 Graphics

RAM: 16 GB, 14.9 GB usable

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (build 14393), 64-bit
MKWii? *maybe*

Your CPU is terrible. But MKWii isnt super hard to run. Try it I guess.
(01-15-2017, 11:14 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]MKWii? *maybe*

Your CPU is terrible. But MKWii isnt super hard to run. Try it I guess.

It seems to be working fine. Casual lag spikes. Extreme lag when on course selection menu and sometimes at beginning of a VS race.
You should run that game at 720p or lower resolution .
AMD APU GPU is too slow for Mario Kart Wii. I tried, GTX 750ti fixed that but it ruined the purpose of having an APU
Consider getting a new GPU if you want to run MKW at 1080p , sth like GTX 1050 ($110)
(01-15-2017, 02:04 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]You should run that game at 720p or lower resolution .
AMD APU GPU is too slow for Mario Kart Wii. I tried, GTX 750ti fixed that but it ruined the purpose of having an APU
Consider getting a new GPU if you want to run MKW at 1080p , sth like GTX 1050 ($110)

Thanks for your reply, but I'm not good with PC parts. Can you help? If I replace my AMD GPU with a GTX 1080 (let's say), is it going to replace my RAM or what will it do?
(01-18-2017, 02:33 PM)iZeusHD Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your reply, but I'm not good with PC parts. Can you help? If I replace my AMD GPU with a GTX 1080 (let's say), is it going to replace my RAM or what will it do?

No, because those are two seperate components.
Your computer will have a slot on the motherboard for a dedicated graphics card, which would then take over from your integrated one, assuming you plug the display cable into it. Your old one will still be thete as it's integrated, it just won't be used.
It should effect the RAM, but you may end up with slightly more free RAM as you won't have to share RAM with the GPU.