Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New gamer in !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi !!! I'm new in the world of Dolphin and i'm not good in english.

My Pc is: -HP z400
-Intel Xeon 8x2.66GHz
-8gb DDR3
-Gtx650
-HDD 1Tb
-Windows 10 Pro x64
-Dolphin 4

I will play with Mayflash Controller Adapter and 4 controller.

I will be okay with this set up ?

Which the best emulator Dolphin 4 or 5 ?

Thanks for the answer !!!
We only support Dolphin 5. Anything older and we can't help you.

Your CPU is 8 years old and far too slow for Dolphin. You might get a few games working fine but Dolphin will not run well for the most part. More cores will not help you.
You recommended which CPU to run the most game in good condition ?
You'll need a new motherboard either way for any CPU I would recommend.
It's first gen Nehalem , you will need to push it to 4.0GHz or higher if you want to run most games at playable speed. Not sure if your motherboard allow overclocking or not , most OEM PCs have that feature disabled ...
You can upgrade your CPU to i3 6100 @3.7GHz , most if not all games will run well with it .However , I wouldn't call that an upgrade , as you trade a quad core 8 threads for a mere dual core 4 threads ...
If you have more money to spend then a Xeon 1230V5 @ 3.4~3.8GHz (Skylake) will do . You need a server mobo though , sth like ASRock E3V5 ($100)
I find this: -i5-4430 4x3.0GHz
-4Gb Ram
-1TB HDD
-Gtx650

Do you think it will be okay ? Upgrade to 8Gb ram ?

Thanks for your answers !!!
That should actually be pretty good! Recent desktop CPU with a reasonable clock speed. Most games should play fine for you with the hard to emulate games probably lagging a bit.

That GPU should be able to push 1080p in Dolphin fine. Looking at it it does seem to be several steps above Intel HD graphics (Which is Dolphin's popular bare minimum GPU).

As for more RAM, Dolphin itself won't benefit from it, but it is recommended to run at least 8GB of RAM if you're going to use Windows as your every day computer.
A very big thanks for the answer !!!
Hi! I recently recive my pc and test it.

I play to Super Smash Bros Melee and i can juste play in 720p not 1080 because the set lag in 1080p. What is the probleme ? My I5 4430 CPU or my Grafic card Gtx 650 ?

Thanks !
Most lag caused by resolution issues is generally caused by a slow GPU.

Your GTX 650 is kind of old and slow, but Melee can run on a toaster, so I want to believe that you can run Melee in 1080p, but maybe I'm wrong.

Can you post screenshots of your graphics settings?
Pages: 1 2