Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to edit Config files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im trying to edit the dolphin config file so that I can edit the VID and PID so I can force my Bluetooth adapter to work with Dolphin but every time I change the settings it reverts back to how it was before. How can I permanently change it? Anybody?
You're most likely editing it wrong if Dolphin ends up deleting what you're adding. Can you show us what you've been adding to the file?
This is what im trying to change

[attachment=15554]
Please tell us in what way you've tried editing the file, so we can figure out what you need to do differently.
(01-12-2017, 05:11 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Please tell us in what way you've tried editing the file, so we can figure out what you need to do differently.

Ive tried changing the digits of the VID and PID for Bluetooth Passthrough. In the image above ive circled where I want to change but every time I do and close notepad and go back into it again its reverted back to normal.

[attachment=15555]
It seems every time I go back into Dolphin and boot a game up it changes the digits back to how they were originally.
That's because what you have added to the config file is invalid. The VID and PID need to be in decimal form, not hexadecimal.
(01-12-2017, 05:36 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]That's because what you have added to the config file is invalid. The VID and PID need to be in decimal form, not hexadecimal.

How would I change that?
Just search for "0x1234 in decimal"; I mean, Google shows the result directly

0x0a5c = 2652
0x21e8 = 8680
You can use for instance the calculator built into Windows (set to programmer mode) to convert between hexadecimal and decimal. 0A5C is 2652 in decimal, and 21E8 is 8680 in decimal.
Pages: 1 2