Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cannot run Dolphin on dedicated graphics card please help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, i am a Dolphin 4.0 user and i would like to seek some help about this weird problem.
Everytime I try to switch to my dedicated card, games start normally but then would later be this "Cannot enumerate outputs" dialog that crashes Dolphin.

This only happens when I try to use DX11 backend, DX9 won't support my dedicated graphics card, and my integrated graphics card is the only one that wants to work with DX11.

The reason I want to switch to my dedicated one is to beef up SMG2's frame rates (I usually get 35-40 with my integrated) and I thought the dedicated one would come in handy in speedup, but then the results is just that annoying "Cannot enumerate outputs" dialog thing. Can someone help me? I have a screenshot too.
[Image: dsyq50]
Have you tried Dolphin 5.0? We don't support 4.0 anymore.
Ok proper screenshot here.
The thing that was bugging me
I'm too lazy to download 5.0, but please just let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.
(01-08-2017, 11:07 PM)Outrun1986 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm too lazy to download 5.0, but please just let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.
The main thing you're doing wrong is that you're using 4.0. There are many, many bugs in it that you won't get rid of unless you use a newer version, and I wouldn't be surprised if the error you're describing is one of them. (I'm not sure if there's anything you're doing wrong other than that.)
Downloading 5.0 would be far easier than waiting he for no one to help you, it would take you 10 minutes.
[
(01-08-2017, 11:07 PM)Outrun1986 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm too lazy to download 5.0, but please just let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

With a response like that, how the heck do expect any advice to work for you. Literally, the first thing that you're doing wrong is using 4.0.

If you're "too lazy" to do something as simple as downloading the latest version of Dolphin (either Stable or Developmental), people on this forum might be "too lazy" to help you. It reeks of disrespect.
Sorry for making all of you angered, my internet was acting up when i posted this so i can't download 5.0 at that time.

I installed 5.0 and it worked.
(01-11-2017, 09:37 PM)Outrun1986 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for making all of you angered, my internet was acting up when i posted this so i can't download 5.0 at that time.

I installed 5.0 and it worked.

See? Was that hard?
(01-12-2017, 02:02 AM)EagerStallion Wrote: [ -> ]See? Was that hard?

I said my fucking internet was acting up when I posted this, it wasn't hard at all.

Please blame the internet.
Pages: 1 2