Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: F-Zero X VC, slow and unstable frame rate at 100% speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have this problem with F-Zero X ever since early versions 4 of Dolphin.

Emulation speed reports 100%. VPS is steady 60. CPU usage is low-ish.

But the game runs at an unstable frame rate with slowdowns. Mostly 45-50 fps instead of 60 (US version).

So why is the game so slow but Dolphin claims it runs at 100% speed?
The Wii lacks CPU Power to run some N64 VC Games at fullspeed.
(01-06-2017, 12:17 PM)gamemasterplc Wrote: [ -> ]The Wii lacks CPU Power to run some N64 VC Games at fullspeed.
But i have this game on a real Wii and it runs fine as far as i remember...
Your TV probably has framerate changing.
It's an old 2010 LCD TV, always using Game mode and filters like "true motion" are always disable.

Is it actually known that F-Zero X VC doesn't run at full speed on a real Wii? This is the first time i read this.
The speed of Dolphin's CPU emulation isn't always accurate. It's generally too fast, but it can be too slow in VC games and some video decoders. Try overriding the emulated CPU speed with a value higher than 100%.
(01-06-2017, 06:36 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The speed of Dolphin's CPU emulation isn't always accurate. It's generally too fast, but it can be too slow in VC games and some video decoders. Try overriding the emulated CPU speed with a value higher than 100%.
Hmmm using 130% or 140% forces the game to run at correct 60fps speed (vsync ON) but now the audio is in fast forward and in much higher pitch, sounds like chimpmunks singing.

Lower than 130% isn't enough to make the game run at 60fps.
Just to make sure, you're modifying "CPU Clock Override", right? Not "Speed Limit"?
(01-07-2017, 05:46 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Just to make sure, you're modifying "CPU Clock Override", right? Not "Speed Limit"?

Well, i was messing with speed limit cause i'm an idiot.

CPU override fixed the issue. Thank you.

Now to find a way to enable this option for this game only...
I'm pretty sure there isn't a way to set CPU override through the gameinis yet (despite the functionality being present on Android). It really should be, though COUGHdevsCOUGH
Pages: 1 2