Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GameCube controller + Wiimote connected at the same time on games that support both
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So say I want to use my DualShock 4 for both an emulated Wiimote, and an emulated GC controller, both connected on their respective port 1, and then I start SSBBrawl and it detects 2 players, with my DS4 moving both of them. What fixes are there around this? I can go in and disable the GC controller every time I want to play this game, but it's an ugly workaround in terms of design, specially considering that I run Dolphin from a frontend.

I can imagine I could have two folders for Dolphin, one for GC and one for Wii, but I find that a little bit of a mess as someone obsessed with proper folder organization. So the only fix I can imagine is using something like a game.ini file, right? Before I make one for every game on this list, I'd like to know if there's another option (like Dolphin automatically detecting the game features compatibility with a GC controller and disables it if both are ont he same port).

edit: wait is there a way I can set up the game.ini file for these games if I don't have them here? I'm just trying to prevent further headaches now instead of waiting until I grab any of these games...
edit: oh, yes, it seems all the .ini are included by default with empty settings... now I just gotta figure out which ones correspond to these games.
You're on the right track! You can set a controller in the gameini. Here's the list of gameini commands - https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game
You can disconnect wiiremotes using alt + f5 for player 1 and so on, but I don't know if there is a hotkey for GC controllers as well.
(01-06-2017, 12:12 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]You can disconnect wiiremotes using alt + f5 for player 1 and so on, but I don't know if there is a hotkey for GC controllers as well.

Interesting. Is this some sort of secret dev hotkey? Like, where can I see a list of all hotkeys like this?

(01-06-2017, 12:11 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]You're on the right track! You can set a controller in the gameini. Here's the list of gameini commands - https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game

Alright, thanks. This will have to do then.
(01-06-2017, 01:35 PM)Antibiotics Wrote: [ -> ]Like, where can I see a list of all hotkeys like this?

Options > Hotkey Settings
(01-06-2017, 06:39 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Options > Hotkey Settings

Aaaaah, these are very interesting. Thank you!