Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can this Acer Laptop run Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DT4A2R...op?ie=UTF8

6th Generation Intel Core i5-6200U Processor (Up to 2.8GHz)
15.6-inch Full HD Display, NVIDIA GeForce 940MX with 2GB DDR5 VRAM
8GB DDR4 Memory, 256GB SSD

More of the specs can be found on the page. Thanks in advance.
Maybe , maybe not . One thing I'm pretty sure of , it won't run demanding games well (SMG, TLS, Metroid...)
The CPU is a "u" dual core ultra low power type , it may slow down if it reaches its thermal limit ...And that is not a good thing for Dolphin
If you can pay a little bit more then this one is a much better choice
(01-06-2017, 12:00 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe , maybe not . One thing I'm pretty sure of , it won't run demanding games well (SMG, TLS, Metroid...)
The CPU is a "u" dual core ultra low power type , it may slow down if it reaches its thermal limit ...And that is not a good thing for Dolphin
If you can pay a little bit more then this one is a much better choice

Can it run SSBM? Or XC? That's what I'm concerned won't run.

In regards to your suggestion on another choice, my budget is tight. I'm trying not to spend over $700.
Melee? Yes

Xenoblade? Probably not consistently well.
Yeah. I have something similar (check my signature).
I'm able to run most games no problem (Melee is smooth, even N64 VC games are good) but like admin and Helios said I can't run heavy games at constant full speed. Didn't try XC because I don't own it.
But keep in mind that my laptop is very well cooled so my CPU never throttle down.