Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Crash on Exit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dolphin runs very well for me, but for as far back as I can remember whenever I exit (either with the hotkey, or alt-f4) while a game is running I get a windows pop up that says dolphin.exe has stopped working and prompts me to close the program.

This ordinarily wouldn't be a big deal since Im trying to close the program anyway, but Im trying to set up a front end where I don't need to use mouse and keyboard for anything and this dialogue is a not ideal every time I exit

Is there something I can do about this?
Are you using dx12?
no, dx11, win 8.1
If you have confirm exit enabled, try disabling it
I don't see this option anywhere, where do I find it?
Go to Options at the top, then click on Configure. Then go to the Interface tab and uncheck Confirm On Stop
Hmm its already unchecked.
Only other thing I could suggest is to delete the Dolphin Emulator folder in your Documents folder. This will make you setup your favorite settings again, & has memory card saves, so if you're worried about losing anything important, you can make a backup of it 1st. Then download the latest dev build & extract it to a new folder on your c: drive. But don't extract to program files or program files (x86)
Well after some messing around I figured out it only happens with the d3d11 backend, switching to opengl solves it but then I get decreased performance (occasional slow motion and lots of stutter).
That's really odd. OpenGL is supposed to work better on NVidia cards. I use it on mine and it works great. And you have a good gpu
Pages: 1 2