Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Holding Down Keys on Emulated Wiimote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I recently discovered that while using an emulated wiimote on Dolhphin 5.0 there is an issue. On the keyboard, when a key is bound to a button on a wiimote, there is no successful way to register holding down a key. When I hold down a key on my keyboard, Dolphin registers it as if someone were continuously pressing the button on a wiimote instead of holding it down. This prevents me from playing games which require this. I care about this issue because I was unable to compromise with a regular wiimote. I looked up how to connect it without the need of an external Bluetooth device and followed the guide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gzdM0P9nB0

I followed the guide step by step and was unable to connect my wiimote to Dolphin. I would press 1+2 simultaneously and then hit refresh with continous scanning on, but the wiimote just wouldn't connect. I had this issue with both of my wiimotes. I did research on both of these issues but nothing was useful to me. If anybody could help me with either of these issues it would be appreciated.
What kind of wiimotes do you have?
I generally find the sync button to be more consistent.
I'm not sure what you mean by what type of wiimotes. I am using the wiimotes that came with my wii that I ordered between 2006-2010. As for the sync button, please elaborate on that. Where is it and how do you use it?
Behind the battery cover
Wii remote 1- Back side of battery cover says >ABS< 14-4. On wiimote next to battery socket lists A82FD15

Wii remote 2- Back side of battery cover says >ABS< 13-1. On wiimote next to battery socket lists A8DFA15

I apologize for my late reply.
I think he means when you look at windows bluetooth while attempting sync. Does it have -tr?
You're going to have to elaborate on what you mean. Please give me a step by step procedure.
Go to bluetooth settings on your PC (settings, devices, bluetooth)
click sync
Nintento RVL-CNT-01 will show up or
Nintento RVL-CNT-01-TR

I would try passthrough as it doesn't care what type https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...assthrough
Alright I learned a lot. I tried to sync my wii remote and my computer didn't even detect it. The sync button didn't even appear. I did some research and found that one of my bluetooth drivers is missing. The 'Generic Bluetooth Adapter' driver just isn't there. I couldn't find a way to install it, and I don't even know if these issues are related at all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5