Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem with Hybrid Wiimote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

b1ker

I have a original Wiimote (not the plus) with nunchuck but with no sensor bar. So I'm trying to play Twilight Princess and cannot get my mouse to work as the IR. I try to use the hybrid Wiimote in the controller settings and have everything blank in the configuration except my mouse which is set to cursor x and y, - and +. My problem is is that if I have it set to the Hybrid Wiimote it doesnt recognize my actual wiimote as a device/my wiimote stops working Angry . Can someone please help me? I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but I cannot figure it out, thanks.
Hybrid Wiimote is known to be broken, and no one is really interested in fixing it.

b1ker

(01-05-2017, 01:23 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]Hybrid Wiimote is known to be broken, and no one is really interested in fixing it.

So pretty much nothing I can do? 
Use an emulated Wiimote or get a Sensor Bar. Sensor Bars are pretty cheap, by the way.

b1ker

(01-05-2017, 02:09 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]Use an emulated Wiimote or get a Sensor Bar. Sensor Bars are pretty cheap, by the way.

I thought you couldn't get a sensor bar for the regular wiimote?
(01-06-2017, 09:08 AM)b1ker Wrote: [ -> ]I thought you couldn't get a sensor bar for the regular wiimote?

That's not right. A regular sensor bar works with any type of Wiimote.
???
A sensor bar is just an IR light emitter. Also, how did you make the Wiimote pointer work on a real Wii if you didn't have a sensor bar?

edit: ninja'd

b1ker

(01-06-2017, 09:11 AM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]???
A sensor bar is just an IR light emitter. Also, how did you make the Wiimote pointer work on a real Wii if you didn't have a sensor bar?

edit: ninja'd

Wait, so youre just saying I can use my regular sensor bar from the wii?
if you can get power to it, yes
If you plug it into your Wii and turn the Wii on, it'll work fine like that. The data is all handled by the Wiimote, so it doesn't matter what the sensor bar is connected by.