Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Infehh

Hello!
I've recently installed Dolphin 5.0-321, and I have tried to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
The game crashes at the scene where Mario heads off in a boat to arrive to Rougeport.
Try disabling dual core, alternatively enabling Sync GPU. I've had this crash in the past using the texture pack + dual core, it has something to do with the font (or something).

Infehh

Thanks for the quick reply!
I cannot find Sync GPU, where is it?
Right click the game in the list, go to properties, and make a check next to Synchronize GPU thread.

Infehh

The game is now extremely laggy.
Your CPU is too slow to use that at a good speed, you get one or the other.
I didn't even bother to look at your specs, that's my fault as I could have offered better insight. Your CPU is on the weak side, but that's not the worst of it. I have no idea what your GPU is, and this game requires a decent one to use Bounding Box which enables all those special paper flipping effects. I suppose you could try to get past the crash, then disable those options, but there's no telling what kind of bugs/slowdowns/fillnegativeblank are going to pop up later as a result.