Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: how to increase resolution while in game to higher resolutions than the GUI allows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so with the new feature that allows you to get screenshots at the internal resolution on certain backends I was going to try and get some absurdly high res screenshots, my only issue is that the game runs at like 1.5 FPS so I figured I would just change the resolution once I got somewhere I wanted a screenshot, only problem is it seems you can only change it to one of the predefined resolutions in the drop down menu once in game and as far as I know the only way to get above these is by changing EFBScale in the games config file, but you can't change that in the middle of running a game, is there any way I can add my own custom resolutions to the drop down menu, or input a command to do this? Thanks!
You can use the Increase IR hotkey. It doesn't have a limit as far as I know.
Do note that after a certain point, too high of an IR will crash your GPU driver. This is not a flaw with Dolphin.
That worked perfectly, managed to get some 30k screenshots. I'll drop them in the screenshot thread later, well, a link to download them at least as I doubt most browsers can display them, thanks a lot guys!
ThisIsMyDogKyle: Juuuust a reminder, do not post a 30k screenshot directly into the forum! Post a thumbnail and then link to it, like the progress report did!
(01-04-2017, 09:58 AM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]ThisIsMyDogKyle: Juuuust a reminder, do not post a 30k screenshot directly into the forum! Post a thumbnail and then link to it, like the progress report did!

yeah I normally do that, although in this case it's so big I'm just going to link to the mediafire file and people can download the image if they want.