Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] Unable to play any ripped Wii game.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, it's Dlljs here. Yes, it's me. That person who plays games and makes frequent appearances on various places on the internet.

Recently, I found out about Dolphin and the Wii Homebrew Community, and I decided to give it a shot. I had an old Wii so I dug it out, installed The Homebrew Channel. Then I rippped Wii Sports onto an SD Card using CleanRip.

Next, I got Dolphin onto the computer, loaded up the ISO I ripped from the disc and...

[Image: uOLHXHi.png]

What went wrong? Something to do with CleanRip? Files and information are available on request.

Thank you,

Dlljs.
If CleanRip gave you multiple "part" files, you need to join them into one single ISO file before Dolphin can run it. This page describes it a bit: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...plit_Files
(01-03-2017, 10:10 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]If CleanRip gave you multiple "part" files, you need to join them into one single ISO file before Dolphin can run it. This page describes it a bit: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...plit_Files

I've already done that. CleanRip produced two ISO files. A part 0 and a part 1. Using those instructions, I created a single ISO file called "wii_sports.iso".
What is the size of the combined file?
And the MD5
(01-03-2017, 11:38 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]And the MD5

That shouldn't be necessary at this stage.
(01-03-2017, 10:38 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]What is the size of the combined file?

The size of the combined file is 1,263,778 KB (1.20 GB).
(01-04-2017, 12:26 AM)Dlljs Wrote: [ -> ]The size of the combined file is 1,263,778 KB (1.20 GB).

That's definitely not a complete ISO. I'm not sure how the size ended up being 1.20 GB, but the joining must've gone wrong in some way. It should be about 4.7 GB.
(01-04-2017, 12:34 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That's definitely not a complete ISO. I'm not sure how the size ended up being 1.20 GB, but the joining must've gone wrong in some way. It should be about 4.7 GB.

Looking at the original ISOs on the SD Card, I found that one of them is 3.99 GB. Something must have gone wrong in the joining of the two files. Huh

This CMD Prompt Command is what I used.

Code:
copy /b *.part?.iso wii_sports.iso

The command comes from this wiki page.
Were both parts in the folder you ran that command from?
Pages: 1 2