Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my PC Powerful enough to run most of the games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ArandomDolphinuser

Processor Brand - Intel
Processor Type - Core i3 4005U
Processor Speed - 1.7 GHz
RAM Size - 4 GB
Memory Technology - DDR3L
Hard Drive Size -500 GB
Hard Disk Technology - Serial ATA
Graphics Coprocessor Intel HD 4400

Answers will be appreciated,
thank you.
Hum, what's gonna be problematic is your CPU, Haswell 1.7 GHz is too slow for many games. Not to mention that if your laptop cooling is bad, this CPU will reduce its clock speed. You should be able to run light games tho.
Intel HD 4400 should be enough to run many games at 1x IR, and some games at 2x IR.

But, don't expect miracles.

ArandomDolphinuser

(01-02-2017, 10:49 PM)DrHouse64 Wrote: [ -> ]Hum, what's gonna be problematic is your CPU, Haswell 1.7 GHz is too slow for many games. Not to mention that if your laptop cooling is bad, this CPU will reduce its clock speed. You should be able to run light games tho.
Intel HD 4400 should be enough to run many games at 1x IR, and some games at 2x IR.

But, don't expect miracles.
Ok, thanks for the reply will look for it. also another question can I run games like DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 3? at about 30-40 fps?
(01-02-2017, 11:11 PM)ArandomDolphinuser Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, thanks for the reply will look for it. also another question can I run games like DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 3? at about 30-40 fps?

Remember... Games on consoles run on fixed speeds... so if the game is designed to run at 60FPS but runs at 30FPS everything slows down by 50%: movement, sound, graphics. Believe you me: It is NOT an enjoyable experience in fastpaced games like DBZBT3 or Mario. You can get away with lower speeds in turn-based games like Fire Emblem.
The only way to find out is to try.
Well usually I don't recommend it, but since you want to play Budokai Tenkaichi 3, you could also try a very old build like Dolphin 2.0 or 3.0.
This game run very well even on old builds, and those builds have a HLE audio hack that makes audio sounds fine even below 100% speed. Also, maybe those builds run faster.