Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Enhanced Gecko Codehandler
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My custom codehandler will allow you to use button activated Gecko Codes that modify assembly on the emulator properly. My custom codehandler however lacks debugging. I just added cache invalidation instructions after operations that store values excluding 8 and 16 bit stores. You can also use more codes than 255. I cannot attach binary files so I have to use an external site to link to the codehandler. The Gecko codehandler is open source so I can link to source code for my custom codehandler if requested. My custom codehandler can be downloaded at https://www.dropbox.com/s/7mzcan73myv004...r.bin?dl=1. Replace the existing codehandler.bin in the Sys directory within the Dolphin install folder to use. Any hack that uses the Gecko registers will not work.
Good job.
It was a basic hack adding instruction cache invalidation instructions right after the store operations in the Gecko Codehandler. The instructions are icbi r0, r* and isync. The asterisk means the register containing the starting address to invalidate 32 bytes forward. The 1st operand being r0 is because r0 is ignored in some instruction operands like the 2nd operand of an addi instruction.
Link is down, mind reuploading?
Don't Necropost. Also we have a better version of this in master right now.