Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin on Raspberry Pi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw the new Dolphin 5.0 Trailer and it said that Dolphin is much faster now, I thought, would it be possible to play GameCube games on a Raspberry Pi with a Dolphin Emulator? Or even Wii games? (Wii is probably not possible without crashes and graphic errors but maybe try it anyway?)
Even if you get it to run, it'll be unplayably slow. Don't bother.

Chop

(01-02-2017, 03:41 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Even if you get it to run, it'll be unplayably slow. Don't bother.

Yes, but if it had some good hardware including a good CPU like a PENTIUM or I3 or I5 or more and ok graphics then I am sure it could run but your right it would be unplayble.
Thats sad, I would like to play it on there, but such slow games wouldnt make fun, maybe some Raspberry Pis later, thanks
The CPU is terrible, still on the RPi3. It may run if you have a 64bit OS running, unlikely. The GPU is still the same as in the RPi1 which is by far off our minimum requirement, both feature and performance wise.

Please keep in mind that just because it is so much faster than the RPi1 doesn't tell anything. It is still a low clocked A53, so just a medicore mobile CPU.
To put this into perspective...

Your typical flagship, current smartphone with it's very high end mobile SoC is still too slow for most use cases with Dolphin. And for the games it does work with, heat is an issue.