Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Unable to get more than 30fps on any games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Mlgspacedorito420

Ive tried several games such as timesplinters 2, luigis mansion, Nickelodian party blast and midway arcade.
Its almost unplayable in its state and no matter what settings i try to change or mess with including moving the limiter around even below 30 fps, and it never goes below or above it in any way. if possible can a more experienced user help me out?
Pc specs should be listed but ill list the basics real fast.

Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz

GeForce GTX 970M 3gbs

Ram:12 GBs, brand not listed.
You should be able to run most games at full speed with your specs, so there is definitely something wrong. Have you tried disabling vsync?

PS: just to be clear, some games are locked to 30fps, by design…

Mlgspacedorito420

(12-30-2016, 11:34 PM)leolam Wrote: [ -> ]You should be able to run most games at full speed with your specs, so there is definitely something wrong. Have you tried disabling vsync?

PS: just to be clear, some games are locked to 30fps, by design…

I found the problem, by default for some reason it was using the second intigrated graphics card instead of the gtx970m. after changing to Direct3d 12 and using my actual graphics card i never dip below 60 fps, thanks for your help tho.