Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin on several News-Sites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey folks, I've noticed a few News-Sites (only german ones) posted stuff about Dolphin, i've listed them here:

Post your opinions :p
- Kotaku
- EnGadget
- Joystiq
- VG247
- 1UP
- Ripten
- VGchartz

If they just heard about Dolphin and upscaling, what will happen when they hear about working netplay ?
I thought it was hilarious that they all cited the "amazing 720p!!" ability...and ignored things like rendering at any resolution your PC supports, AA, etc. etc.

Big Grin
Yeah, when you've been following a project for a while then many people suddenly discover one of it's features and are all amazed without having much clue on the emulator, makes them seem so ignorant, can't imagine how the devs must be feeling.
I've seen it on spanish sites as well.
Dolphin is in the news now, can't help but think this:

"Captain! I spotted a massive wave of noobs coming! What do we do?"

cmccmc

ok Ive already seen a few more noobs hanging around here so prepare for an invasion
I might sound a little stupid , but , aren't forums supposed to give informations ?

So newbies should be welcome !
I m just thinking like that , because , before having the knowledge for anything , I needed to learn !
The more I've learned about Dolphin was on the old forum , so that was sort of a chance to read and learn with all those people around !

To become a Jedi you need to be a padawan , same thing here !
Yes but people asks to many questions that has been asked before... and are answered in stickied topics and such. The problem is, making programs/emulators noob friendly is usually the last thing that is done after it's finished, with reason of course, so for now the forum has that job instead I guess. I personally sometimes feels all instructions for all the known problems should just be pasted over the whole screen when the emulator is started, lasting for maybe 30 seconds. Just a sadistic thought I had.
(04-08-2009, 05:32 AM)Hard Core Rikki Wrote: [ -> ]- Kotaku

Hey... that's my video(s) Big Grin
That explains so very much now that I think about it. Blush
(04-08-2009, 06:49 AM)CacoFFF Wrote: [ -> ]"Captain! I spotted a massive wave of noobs coming! What do we do?"
fire all zigs

EDIT: also, i cant remember the link tho, but every week they would copy pasta what we wrote and post it as news on theirs. lol . it was a wii homebrew news site :/
Pages: 1 2 3