Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: X-Box 360 Controller stops working once in game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm new to the forum so please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong so I can then fix it. Anyways, I downloaded Dolphin a week or so ago so I could play Zelda Twilight Princess and it was working fine for a while until today where my controller stopped working in the middle of me playing. I checked the controller config and Dolphin seems to be seeing the controller just fine but right when i start up the game it doesn't seem to do anything. Also, when I start up the game it gives me a screen giving a whole bunch of warnings that i used to see when i played the game on Wii a while ago, which i was expecting, and has flashing text saying "Press any button to continue" the game will only respond to my controller right then. After i "press any button to continue" it does nothing and I'm stuck looking at the menu screen. I've searched around google for a fix for the problem but came up dry, i also found this thread: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-xb...ng-in-game but none of that seemed to help either. Anyways, thanks for any help given, I really appreciate it!
Please post a screenshot of how you've configured the controller in Dolphin.
(12-29-2016, 08:30 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Please post a screenshot of how you've configured the controller in Dolphin.
Here you go: http://imgur.com/a/u7uEg
(12-29-2016, 08:30 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Please post a screenshot of how you've configured the controller in Dolphin.

Not sure if this matters at all but I'm also using this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0076H...UTF8&psc=1 with the xbox 360 controller i mentioned before
The Wii version of Zelda: Twilight Princess doesn't support GameCube controllers. You need to configure your controller as a Wiimote with a Nunchuk extension controller instead.
(12-29-2016, 09:32 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]The Wii version of Zelda: Twilight Princess doesn't support GameCube controllers. You need to configure your controller as a Wiimote with a Nunchuk extension controller instead.
The game has a game cube controller in the top right instead of the Wii style though. It seems like the game cube versions of the game and not the Wii version. Also, I've logged a full 20hours into the game before I ever had a problem. I'm gonna try what you said regardless though 
Sorry, I assumed it was the Wii version because you talked about the part where you have to press any button. I forgot that the GC version has a screen like that, so I confused it with the Wii Remote warning screen that's in all Wii games. Forget what I said about configuring a Wii Remote.

I can't think of any reason it's not working right now...
(12-30-2016, 03:29 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I assumed it was the Wii version because you talked about the part where you have to press any button. I forgot that the GC version has a screen like that, so I confused it with the Wii Remote warning screen that's in all Wii games. Forget what I said about configuring a Wii Remote.

I can't think of any reason it's not working right now...

Should I try reinstalling dolphin and download the Zelda ROM again? If so how can I make sure my saves don't get deleted or anything? 
(12-30-2016, 03:37 AM)VaguelyHonest Wrote: [ -> ]Should I try reinstalling dolphin and download the Zelda ROM again? If so how can I make sure my saves don't get deleted or anything? 

Downloading games is against the Forum Rules.

Closed.