Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay for Game That Doesn't Support NWFC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

dishnet34

I don't know if this has been answered yet (and it might have; I might not have done enough Google-Fu), but I was wondering something today: Is it possible to play a Wii Game on Netplay that does not support the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service (game in question: MLB Power Pros 2008, which has local multiplayer)? I was hoping to play it with some people I know from a forum about the game, but I'm not sure if it's entirely possible. Is it?
It is, but not in 5.0. I believe it was re enabled in the newest versions, however I don't know how well it works.
(12-26-2016, 04:44 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]It is, but not in 5.0. I believe it was re enabled in the newest versions, however I don't know how well it works.

Wii games do work in 5.0, but Wii Remotes don't. So in practice, not many Wii games can be used netplay in 5.0. It should work if you update to the latest development version, but setting up Wii Remotes in a way that won't give you desync is tricky, and it's not possible to use save data right now.

Dolphin's netplay functionality requires that the game supports local multiplayer (rather than Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection), so that part isn't a problem. (It is possible to use Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection in Dolphin, but that's something completely separate.)

dishnet34

(12-26-2016, 05:06 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Wii games do work in 5.0, but Wii Remotes don't. So in practice, not many Wii games can be used netplay in 5.0. It should work if you update to the latest development version, but setting up Wii Remotes in a way that won't give you desync is tricky, and it's not possible to use save data right now.

Dolphin's netplay functionality requires that the game supports local multiplayer (rather than Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection), so that part isn't a problem. (It is possible to use Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection in Dolphin, but that's something completely separate.)

Wii remotes as just Wii Remotes, or does it go for Wiimote/Nunchuck combos?
(12-26-2016, 05:07 AM)dishnet34 Wrote: [ -> ]Wii remotes as just Wii Remotes, or does it go for Wiimote/Nunchuck combos?

It also applies to all combos that include Wii Remotes.