Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Issue with the speed of Melee - Random fluctuations insanely high
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

DurpeyBrao

People talk about how they get 30-40 fps, or sometimes they will get 80-90.
I have my framelimit at 60.
However, for some reason, whenever I uncheck limit by fps, it will go down to 10-20.
When I check limit by fps, it goes up to 60.

However, I've been noticing that whenever I do check limit by fps, my fps spikes up insanely high, and I end up losing a match within a small fraction of a second.

All the other games I have don't have any issues with this, and I've checked all the other options to see if they could fix it, but nothing did.

Does anyone know why this is happening? One main thing I've noticed is that the "VPS" count on the game spikes whenever the FPS does, however the FPS count remains the same.
Fairly certain that limit by FPS was removed before 5.0, so the first step is seeing if the issue persists on 5.0.
update to 5.0

DurpeyBrao

(12-25-2016, 05:34 PM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]Fairly certain that limit by FPS was removed before 5.0, so the first step is seeing if the issue persists on 5.0.

I haven't been able to find the download for Dolphin 5.0 when I made the post, and I managed to find it by attempting to download Project M.
So, I have 5.0.
I'll see if it persists.
There's literally a download button right at the top of the site. It's pretty impossible to miss. Also, don't download Dolphin from any site that isn't this one.