Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is my GPU or CPU the problem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have trouble running certain games at full speed (Pokemon Coliseum, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 4, Pokemon XD) above 2x without enhancements. Here's my build (it's prebuilt, BTW):

Windows 10 Home Anniversary Update 64-bit
AMD A4-6300 (3.7 GHZ, dual core)
AMD Radeon HD 8370D (768 MB, integrated)
8 GB RAM (don't know the brand)
1 TB hard drive (Toshiba, SATA III 6.0 GB/s)

I was thinking of upgrading the GPU to a GTX 1050 Ti. Would that fix my performance problems, or is my CPU the bottleneck in this case?
Processor. If you want a good processor that'll do well for Dolphin, I'd suggest an i5.
^So, in other words, get a new computer, because I'm 99.99999% sure my CPU is soldered, seeing as it's store-bought.
Yes. AMD CPUs are a pretty bad idea for CPU intensive tasks which heavily depend on single-thread performance, such as Dolphin.
You'll need a new system. You cannot use an Intel CPU in an AMD built system. Technically you just need a new motherboard and Intel CPU, but that probably isn't possible because prebuilt desktops generally can't easily replace their motherboard