Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Why can't i get more than 21fps?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Famicomer

I am having trouble with getting 60fps. I think my PC is powerful enough, I've got some friends that got 60fps in lower end PCs. My specs are:

-Windows 10
-INTEL I5 6500 3,2 GHZ
-2X8 GB KINGSTON HYPER FURY DDR4 2133 CL4
-GIGABYTE GEFORCE GTX1060 WINDFORCE OC 6 GB

I've tried setting the graphics, and my Nvidia drivers are correctly installed.
(Bad English, sorry)
Which games have you tested?

Famicomer

(12-23-2016, 08:10 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Which games have you tested?

Sorry for the late reply.
I've tried on Super Mario Sunshine and Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Both with low fps
What are your graphics settings?
(12-23-2016, 11:29 PM)Famicomer Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the late reply.
I've tried on Super Mario Sunshine and Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Both with low fps

Super Mario Sunshine runs at 30 FPS. So it should not reach 60 FPS, through there is a code to enable 60 FPS (which demands much more CPU power from your system, so make sure you can run 30 FPS smoothly first). The D3D12 backend is not that great for Super Mario Sunshine. It somehow demands much more CPU power than the OpenGL or Vulkan backends, at least when using an NVidia GPU. I would personally recommend you to stick to OpenGL for Super Mario Sunshine since it is the fastest. For most other games, D3D12 works mostly great. It is just a few exceptions when certain backends behaviour worser or better. It seems with 21 FPS you are running at about 80% of the fullspeed. You seem to describe in the thread title you can not get above 21 FPS.

As for Super Smash Bros. Melee, every backends should work fine. The game runs at 60 FPS. Are you sure both Super Mario Sunshine and Super Smash Bros. Melee run at the same FPS of 21? Super Smash Bros. Melee is not that demanding, I would expect Super Mario Sunshine to be more demanding. Especially since Store EFB Copies to Texture Only should be disabled in order for Super Mario Sunhine to be emulated properly without major issues.

You should really post your settings. Are you using LLE audio? Anti-Aliasing? Internal Resolution? Custom Textures? Prefetch Custom Textures? Graphics Backend? Texture Cache Speed? Activate Dual Core? And so on.

Famicomer

(12-24-2016, 02:22 AM)Admentus Wrote: [ -> ]Super Mario Sunshine runs at 30 FPS. So it should not reach 60 FPS, through there is a code to enable 60 FPS (which demands much more CPU power from your system, so make sure you can run 30 FPS smoothly first). The D3D12 backend is not that great for Super Mario Sunshine. It somehow demands much more CPU power than the OpenGL or Vulkan backends, at least when using an NVidia GPU. I would personally recommend you to stick to OpenGL for Super Mario Sunshine since it is the fastest. For most other games, D3D12 works mostly great. It is just a few exceptions when certain backends behaviour worser or better. It seems with 21 FPS you are running at about 80% of the fullspeed. You seem to describe in the thread title you can not get above 21 FPS.

As for Super Smash Bros. Melee, every backends should work fine. The game runs at 60 FPS. Are you sure both Super Mario Sunshine and Super Smash Bros. Melee run at the same FPS of 21? Super Smash Bros. Melee is not that demanding, I would expect Super Mario Sunshine to be more demanding. Especially since Store EFB Copies to Texture Only should be disabled in order for Super Mario Sunhine to be emulated properly without major issues.

You should really post your settings. Are you using LLE audio? Anti-Aliasing? Internal Resolution? Custom Textures? Prefetch Custom Textures? Graphics Backend? Texture Cache Speed? Activate Dual Core? And so on.
Okay, so I changed to OpenGL and unchecked all the options that could slow the game, and now Mario Sunshine runs at 25fps and Melee at 50-52
IIRC you check everything in hacks for speed.
Can you disable Dual Core mode in Config and see if that speeds things up. It's not unheard of that it can cause slowdowns.
(12-24-2016, 02:22 AM)Admentus Wrote: [ -> ]Super Mario Sunshine runs at 30 FPS. So it should not reach 60 FPS, through there is a code to enable 60 FPS (which demands much more CPU power from your system, so make sure you can run 30 FPS smoothly first).

Best not to mess with 60FPS or widescreen hacks for Sunshine, as using either will break the goo.
Not for me, at least in Vulkan. Only thing that breaks goo is EFB to Texture Only and Force Texture Filtering.
Pages: 1 2