Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: G3258 - Stock or OC: no difference!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello fellas,

my rig:
G3258
H87I-Plus (ITX)
8GB DD3-1600
Linux x64
OpenGL 3.0 (Mesa 11.2)

Thing is, it doesn't make any difference if I play Gamecube or Wii Games on Dolphin (1.5 native) with stock or oc'ed to 4.0Ghz. The frames are exactly the same.

Any ideas?

Edit: I am using the nightly-build (5.0-Git)

Van
Looks like your bottleneck isn't your CPU but your GPU.
Do you have a discret GPU ? If not, then OC your CPU is useless, your Intel HD Graphics isn't good enough at rendering games.
(12-22-2016, 10:53 PM)DrHouse64 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like your bottleneck isn't your CPU but your GPU.
Do you have a discret GPU ? If not, then OC your CPU is useless, your Intel HD Graphics isn't good enough at rendering games.

I use the iGPU indeed. I thought that the CPU is the most important part and that the GPU is only needed for higher resolutions like >=720p e.g.
Quote:I thought that the CPU is the most important part and that the GPU is only needed for higher resolutions like >=720p e.g.
That was true but Dolphin GPU requirement has been increased recently
G3258 iGPU is not Intel HD 4600 but just Intel HD (Haswell) . According to benchmark , it's on par with Sandy Bridge Intel HD 3000 . I doubt it's even fast enough for 1xIR
Not to mention , Linux hate everything but Nvidia driver...
GTX 1050 is $110 right now . It's a good GPU for 4xIR + FXAA
(12-22-2016, 11:19 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]That was true but Dolphin GPU requirement has been increased recently
G3258 iGPU is not Intel HD 4600 but just Intel HD (Haswell) . According to benchmark , it's on par with Sandy Bridge Intel HD 3000 . I doubt it's even fast enough for 1xIR
Not to mention , Linux hate everything but Nvidia driver...
GTX 1050 is $110 right now . It's a good GPU for 4xIR + FXAA

Ah, thanks a lot for this info! Yeah, I was considering even to buy the 1050 Ti.
Even before 5.0 Era, when GPU requirements increased, you can't just use Dolphin with an old iGPU lol.
It's like expecting Dolphin to work well with 1 Go of RAM. CPU is very important, but there is also a bare minimum for other components as well.
(12-22-2016, 11:42 PM)DrHouse64 Wrote: [ -> ]Even before 5.0 Era, when GPU requirements increased, you can't just use Dolphin with an old iGPU lol.
It's like expecting Dolphin to work well with 1 Go of RAM. CPU is very important, but there is also a bare minimum for other components as well.

Now I am aware of that. Thanks!