Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Huge trouble with R9 270X and i5 2400
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I yesterday changed my graphic card(old GTX 570 for new R9 270X) and processor(old i3 3220 for new i5 2400) and my problems are started. All Wii games are slowed down to almost can not play. I thought if I got stronger graphics card and processor, emulation will be better on
Dolphin. But I was completely wrong. With the old graphics card and processor, everything was much better and playable. I installed Windows 10 with AMD Catalyst 11.15 beta and nothing has changed. Then I installed Windows 7 with crimson relieve 16.12.1 radeon drivers, and again nothing has changed. does anyone have any idea what to do to be able to once again got a usable emulator?
(12-20-2016, 07:24 AM)talicni Wrote: [ -> ]I yesterday changed my graphic card(old GTX 570 for new R9 270X) and processor(old i3 3220 for new i5 2400) and my problems are started. All Wii games are slowed down to almost can not play. I thought if I got stronger graphics card and processor, emulation will be better on
Dolphin. But I was completely wrong. With the old graphics card and processor, everything was much better and playable. I installed Windows 10 with AMD Catalyst 11.15 beta and nothing has changed. Then I installed Windows 7 with crimson relieve 16.12.1 radeon drivers, and again nothing has changed. does anyone have any idea what to do to be able to once again got a usable emulator?

Err... CPU is more important for dolphin than GPU, and your 'new' CPU is older and slightly slower than your 'old' one. The extra cores on an i5 don't help in emulation.

Other than that, make sure you're using either a Directx backend or the Vulkan backend, Opengl is really slow on Amd cards.
Yeah, it's actually a downgrade , not an upgrade . Dolphin is a dual core application . So matter how many cores you throw at it , Dolphin still run slow
If you got latest skylake i3 6100 @ 3.7GHz instead of that i5 , you would gain 50% speed
@Ivybridge11 Thanks for the advice. DirectX is the solution for my problem. Dolphin now works with full speed Smile