Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: good ol 1155 socket CPU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
right now im still use this old beast i3-2100 i can still play mario kart,mario galaxy,super mario wii at 60fps 720p but i still want to play some more game like zelda skyward sword and the others what good CPU for socket 1155? why i still use this socket because i dont want to reinstall my os i just got this windows 10 free upgrade and yeah that why i still want to use this socket can you guys help? i have about 150$-200$

my spec right now

i3-2100
GTX 960 4GB VRAM
8GB RAM
What mobo do you have?
i think its ECS H61H2-M12 (V1.0)
Any intel CPU you can find with 2 physical cores and as high of a clock speed as you can get.

Probably get better perf in a lot of things by building a sky/kaby lake system.
(12-19-2016, 08:02 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Any intel CPU you can find with 2 physical cores and as high of a clock speed as you can get.

Probably get better perf in a lot of things by building a sky/kaby lake system.

how about i5-3470?
You could actually upgrade your mobo and cpu to newer models without reinstalling windows. Switched from a Gigabyte motherboard with an intel i5 3340 to an ASUs motherboard with a an AMD Athlon 860k and it just installed the drivers and ran without issues.
Of course, the only reason I did that was that the old one broke and I didn't have enough money for an Intel...
You should upgrade your mobo and get a Haswell CPU or the latest Skylake CPU . In Dolphin Benchmark , Haswell is 30% faster than Ivy Bridge
i3 4130 @ 3.4GHz is as fast as i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz . Your H61 doesn't support overclocking . So whatever Ivy Bridge CPU you will get for it ...will not be good enough for Dolphin
(12-19-2016, 11:09 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]You should upgrade your mobo and get a Haswell CPU or the latest Skylake CPU . In Dolphin Benchmark , Haswell is 30% faster than Ivy Bridge
i3 4130 @ 3.4GHz is as fast as i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz . Your H61 doesn't support overclocking . So whatever Ivy Bridge CPU you will get for it ...will not be good enough for Dolphin

Oww well i think for now i will play until my cpu gone for good im still happy that i can play game that i want to play with 60fps for now maybe for new upgrade i will buy i5-6400/6500 what good mobo for that cpu? 
Any H110 mobo is fine
This one is only $57 and you can buy a used one for $38 . The MSI version is a little bit cheaper at $45 if you buy new mobo
(12-21-2016, 12:06 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Any H110 mobo is fine
This one is only $57 and you can buy a used one for $38 . The MSI version is a little bit cheaper at $45 if you buy new mobo

ok thanks admin hahaha