Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Easy Save/Load States
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone.

Curious of there is a keyboard shortcut, or a combination of buttons that will allow for easy access to saving and loading. For instance "1"+"F2"= save slot 1. "2"+"F2" = save slot 2. "1"+"F4" = load slot 1, etc.

Thank you Smile
F5 saves to current save state. F7 loads the save state. You can also check out the hotkey settings and configure them however you want. Or just use the default ones. Please don't treat the people here the same way you did on the PCSX2 forums when you asked this question. You're likely to get the same reaction
(12-18-2016, 03:24 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: [ -> ]F5 saves to current save state.  F7 loads the save state.  You can also check out the hotkey settings and configure them however you want.   Or just use the default ones.  Please don't treat the people here the same way you did on the PCSX2 forums when you asked this question.  You're likely to get the same reaction

I know how to save to the save and load slot. Using F5 saves to the same default slot. I want to know how to save to all of the other save slots without having to use the mouse. If the people here help instead of replying sarcastically then my attitude will positive. It's a shame you felt the need to bring up an issue from another forum where the thread was already closed and you couldn't continue to reply. Sounds like maybe you still want to get something off your chest. You can send me a PM if you need to talk.
(12-18-2016, 05:56 AM)mccorkled Wrote: [ -> ]I want to know how to save to all of the other save slots without having to use the mouse.

They already said so: "You can also check out the hotkey settings and configure them however you want."

Go to Configure > Hotkey Settings, and you will be able to set whatever keys you want for saving and loading specific slots.

EDIT: Sorry, it's Options > Hotkey Settings, not Configure. But it seems like you found it anyway.
Great, thanks. I have never seen this menu before.
You're off to a great start! Just read what people (hence me) tell you & you'll be ok