Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Has music in Wii games been fixed yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has it? At least in the newest unofficial releases, or at least partially? Or is there a hack or somehting? Is somebody focusing on this problem? Many Wii games, including mario Galaxy, are, to everyone's pure astonishment, emulated near perfectly, but the simple fact that music abruptly stops prevents them from being fully playable. Without the music it's like playing the game in black and white.

The music itself apparently works, just some minor or major bug makes it stop soon after it starts and never resume until another track starts, which also stops abruptly after a minute or less.

So, is there a fix for this or is somebody focusing on this? Fixing this problem could indeed make many Wii games 100% playable, even more so than on the original console.

Wii games that have this problem in my personal experience:
- Super Mario Galaxy;
- Contra Rebirth;
- Super Paper Mario.

Wii games that apparently don't have this problem, or have it to a lesser extent:
- Oboro Muramasa;
- Castlevania Judgement;
- LIT;
- Dragon Quest Swords (?).

I have not seen this problem in GameCube games, apart from Resident Evil Remake, which probably has a completely different problem with music and sound for me, which may have been long fixed.
Answer to your questions:

All the games that use the AXcodes to encode music works fine ( 3º party games ) . Hmmm.. I think It should work with the last unofficial build . NO . Not really(jkn)
The 1º party games sometimes have problems ( because they don't use AXcodes )

And playing games without music is not that bad
So, is it realistic to expect a fix until the end of the year? What do you think?

>And playing games without music is not that bad
Better than nothing, of course, but this way I'd still rather launch the thing on the Wii than play without the music. Superior graphics don't count when sound is so tricky. The trick is, if this was fixed, with many games, including SMG and more, Dolphin would be superior to the actual Wii hardware indeed.
I gotta second zober on this one...sound screwing up can be more irritating in some games than some minor graphical glitches...
(10-23-2009, 07:49 AM)zober Wrote: [ -> ]So, is it realistic to expect a fix until the end of the year? What do you think?
Hmm, no . Because the devs have to emulate the DSP , and It's really hard to do

(10-23-2009, 07:49 AM)zober Wrote: [ -> ]I'd still rather launch the thing on the Wii than play without the music.

I think that more than one person would say you that xD
(10-23-2009, 07:49 AM)zober Wrote: [ -> ]So, is it realistic to expect a fix until the end of the year? What do you think?

It's very possible because it keeps getting better and better but don't expect it.
Well, that would be awesome, extreme64. (I'm going to be expecting it, too, then, although IN SECRET.)

James333, indeed; but not too long ago first-party Ninty games didn't have any sound at all, and now most of them work perfectly. I got hope!
Yes , because some 1º party games use Ucodes ans other AXcode ( for example, starfox assault sound perfect )
Since you can't actually hear sound in space, you could say it makes SMG more realisticBig Grin
But planets in SMG got atmospheres, KHRZ!
Pages: 1 2