Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Solved]Steam In-Home Streaming with DS4 controller problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Bjoolz

I know this isn't technically Dolphin related, but I thought someone here might have run into the same issue.

I'm tearing my hair out trying to get DS4Windows to work with Steam In-Home Streaming. I wanted to stream emulated Mario Kart from my gaming rig to play on the TV with my nephew. The problem is that Steam's native DS4 support makes the joysticks unusable in non-steam games since they move the cursor around and circle is hardbound to esc. This is not exclusive to their DS4 support, if you enable hiding the DS4 controller in DS4Windows from the system it detects it as a normal Xinput controller and does the exact same thing. If I use DS4Windows to remap the buttons to keyboard keys, the steam controller detection overrides this. Steam has a setting to disable the controller upon exiting Big Picture mode which I tried. When doing this as well as remapping the controller buttons to keyboard keys, Steam still can tell that the keyboard prompts come from a controller and blocks them out leaving the controller basically dead until you re-enable controllers outside Big Picture Mode (Quick edit to clarify: Only dead within the stream. Functions perfectly locally). I have tried remapping to Xbox buttons instead of keyboard keys with the same result.

Thank you!

Bjoolz

Solution: Turns out that it was because Steam added mouse and keyboard emulation a while back with no way to disable it. It should automatically disable when you launch a game, but it's wonky with games that use launchers. In Dolphin, go to Graphics and check "Render to main window". With PCSX2, launch it with the flags --fullscreen and --nogui. Your controller should now work. Know it's a Dolphin forum, but I'm guessing there is a bit of crossing over.