Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Accuracy is the mantra yet Dolphin stutters itself to infinity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(12-08-2016, 10:21 PM)Craftyawesome Wrote: [ -> ]A 970 should be fine. It's currently not optimized but you can see if you can run it https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/3163 (near the bottom are builds)

Well, that wasn't pretty but I guess that was expected.
Wow, OP couldn't sound more entitled even trying
Turned out to be a pretty good thread; looks can be deceiving.
Am I the only one that never had these stutters? Even in games like Metroid Prime which is supposedly very difficult to run smoothly due to shaders did I not notice any stuttering. The only game that has issues is SSBB in the Fire Emblem stage when it switches to a different arena. But I'm not even sure if that is related to this issue.
(12-14-2016, 12:14 PM)Skywolf Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one that never had these stutters? Even in games like Metroid Prime which is supposedly very difficult to run smoothly due to shaders did I not notice any stuttering. The only game that has issues is SSBB in the Fire Emblem stage when it switches to a different arena. But I'm not even sure if that is related to this issue.

I haven't had too much stutter either. The most I remember stuttering was twilight princess after changing revisions.
is there no way to make shader compilation faster? Will new GPUs compile them faster than others?
Probwontusethisaccountagain Wrote:is there no way to make shader compilation faster? Will new GPUs compile them faster than others?

No. We have to use the APIs as they are, and they are designed to have shaders pre-compiled so compilation is pretty slow. It's not something we can make faster!
Well if none of the other backends can fix stuttering, guess the software renderer's the only option.  Tongue

if there's no way to make it faster, and ubershaders are not finished yet, then could a server you could upload and download shaders from work? If all backends switch to UID shaders (which shouldn't be done until the boot time is made faster, in my opinion), it could be much more possible.
I would love to have a fast software renderer a la PCSX2.
But nobody seems interested to do that and I don't have enough knowledge yet to code that myself, even if I'm motivated.
Just a question, is the current software renderer as accurate as it can possibly get and slow because of it, or is it just poorly optimized?
Pages: 1 2 3