Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: All My Games runs under 20 FPS!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SoraChan

Hello Everyone , I'm new in the forum but I used to play dolphin a lot on my old PC which was slow and I've got a Laptop now, still , it works so slow , I need to disable the audio and skip 2 frame so I can at least play a little bit , but still so slow and uncomfortable .. it doesn't even pass 20 FPS ...
(My nephew runs almost 60 FPS and he has lower RAM than I do ... )
I've tried a lot of setting all across Youtube & Google, yet the same speed...
(No Matter what version of Dolphin I use , no progress at all ... )
I reboot my window and close everything but Dolphin, still slow .. even Mario kart plays at 5 FPS !!

Here are my Windows 7 x64 Infos :

[attachment=15477]

[attachment=15478]

Here are my Dolphin 4.0.2 Setting :

[attachment=15479]

[attachment=15480]
You have slow CoreDuo laptop CPU ... it won't work much better than this ...
Try new Dolphin build with OpenGL backend, but I don't think that You;ll be able to play comfortable.

SoraChan

Oh..
I guess I'll uninstall dolphin & delete all the roms unfortunately ...
If You want to play in low res, then buying used Wii wil by much cheaper then buying PC/laptop which can handle Dolphin well ... and there is no reason for emulation if low-res is OK for You
This is a slow CPU, so it will be hard to get many games fullspeed. Good luck, CPU performance did improve in dolphin 5.0, so some light games might work. But bad luck, we've increased the GPU load a lot. Your intel on-board GPU is terrible. It likely already the bottleneck on 4.0, on 5.0, dolphin won't boot with this GPU any more.

So in the end, a bit too slow CPU, and a terrible GPU. Sounds like you still have to wait for your next PC :/

SoraChan

Jeez ... I've just got it recently after years of begging ... getting a new Laptop will take even forever ...

Is it possible to change the GPU and increase the CPU ( buying them ) by any chance ?
if yes then I shall save for it !

Dolphin Ishiiruka doesnt start for me because the SP1 fails at updating visual c++ ( even when I updated , it doesnt apply and I can't even fix the SP1 Update ) , people says it's good for slow devices ! is that true ?
You can hook better CPU, but it'll be still poor, so waste of money, because You'll still be playing in low res.
Better buy Wii on ebay ... those are really cheap with games included Smile
yeah you're better off buying a real wii and games. You can't do anything that is going to get dolphin in a reasonable state that would make it a good replacement for a wii.