Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Galaxy sunray lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Smerik

Hi guys,

Im running the dolphin emulator on my built-in graphics card (intel Hd520) and with most wii games it runs perfect using DirectX12 settings. (OpenGL shows lots of error messages) However when i run Mario Galaxy and the sunray's appear, the game drops to like 15fps making it nearly unplayable.
Do you have any idea how i could make it run better? I already tried vsync on and off.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

best,

Erik
Buy a graphic card , sth like GTX 750/750ti or GTX 1050/1050ti will do
Mario Galaxy 1&2 , Mario Kart Wii ...These games require a decent graphic card to run .
(12-05-2016, 09:01 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Buy a graphic card , sth like GTX 750/750ti or GTX 1050/1050ti will do
Mario Galaxy 1&2 , Mario Kart Wii ...These games require a decent graphic card to run .

I have a gtx 1080 and get the same lag as him whenever the sun, or more specifically the rays from the sun, are in view although it drops to closer to 40 ish for me, runs perfectly otherwise. although I am running in 4k. I remember stumbling upon one setting that either enabling or disabling it stopped the lag but I don't recall which setting it was.
(12-06-2016, 04:31 AM)ThisIsMyDogKyle Wrote: [ -> ]I have a gtx 1080 and get the same lag as him whenever the sun, or more specifically the rays from the sun, are in view although it drops to closer to 40 ish for me, runs perfectly otherwise. although I am running in 4k. I remember stumbling upon one setting that either enabling or disabling it stopped the lag but I don't recall which setting it was.

I think it's Skip EFB Access from CPU, but disabling it will break important features.
IIRC dx12 lags on this.