Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Not Exiting in Linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

VoodooU

Hi All,

New poster here, but a big fan of Dolphin and all the devs who make and support it!

I'm building Dolphin from source on my Linux machine (5.0-1424 from GIT) and everything seems to work, except I can't exit the application without having to kill it.  For example, choosing File->Quit from the UI just results in the window becoming non-responsive forcing me to eventually kill it.  Hot key exits result in the same behavior, whether in a game or not at the time.  Same thing happens from dolphin-emu-nogui with hotkey exits.  Could this be an issue with how I'm building, or possibly a bug?  I've listed my specifications below.  

Thanks so much for your help!

Specs:
Linux Ubuntu 16.04.1 x64
Code pulled from GIT as of Dec 4

Intel i7-6700
16GB RAM

Edit: I just tried pulling 5.0 tagged version from GIT and building that and exit works, so I suspect it's a change in HEAD causing the issue

VoodooU

I did some trial/error here and it appears that commit 3e69d06 is the one that breaks the exiting in Linux. Should I file a bug report?

Thanks!
That's probably a good idea. The problem has been mentioned to developers on a PR already, but since nobody seems to be working on a fix right now as far as I can see, it's good to make a proper issue report so it won't get forgotten. The report can be made at https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/projects/emulator

VoodooU

Thanks JosJuice!  I have submitted the bug and for now will work with newest version that doesn't exhibit this behavior.